TECLUSION

TECLUSION

The pursuit of equitable access to education in school is very familiar to me. I have organizations like BCEdAccess Society to thank for breaking down barriers that have prevented me from reaching my full potential. I have personally benefited from their support and advocacy – through the advancements that they have made in the education system when it comes to accommodating the needs of diverse, complex learners so that every student has the ability to flourish and thrive. I probably would have dropped out by now if it weren’t for the support and accommodation I receive. As I was researching for EdTech tools for my resource inquiry part of the reason I selected the resource I did was because of the tool’s accessibility features. Buncee is a great platform when it comes to differentiated learning, one of the features that is particularly notable is its integration of Immersive Reader. Immersive Reader is a full screen accessibility tool that supports the readability of text in Buncess for language learners, students with dyslexia, and students with other visual impairments. I have included a video that breaks down the features and uses of Immersive Reader in Buncee, this is the video that I watched to familiarize myself with the tool before exploring it further within the platform.